By Jonathan D'Amore
Read or Download American Authorship and Autobiographical Narrative: Mailer, Wideman, Eggers (American Literature Readings in the 21st Century) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Whilst it was once released in 1979, Sandra M. Gilbert and Susan Gubar's The Madwoman within the Attic: the lady author and the Nineteenth-Century Literary Imaginationwas hailed as a pathbreaking paintings of feedback, altering the way in which destiny students might learn Jane Austen, Mary Shelley, the Brontës, George Eliot, and Emily Dickinson.
The early surrealists tried to create paintings at once from the subconscious, however the ensuing artwork usually unearths the stamp of its age. it truly is typically approved sure macho sensibility prevailed in the move, with the exception of queer sensibilities and lowering girls to item prestige. In startling new readings of Breton, Bataille, Cocteau, Artaud, Crevel and others, Justin Vicari examines the intersections among surrealism and psychological disease, deploying an interdisciplinary process, which include aesthetic thought, radical politics, and psychoanalysis.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Anglistik - Literatur, observe: 2,0, Bayerische Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg (Anglistik), Veranstaltung: Proseminar: Pastoral Novels, 6 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: whilst the 1st model of girl Chatterley’s Lover used to be released in 1926, the readershad been stunned, since it was once approximately intercourse.
Our bodies and Machines is a outstanding and persuasive exam of the body-machine advanced and its results at the sleek American cultural mind's eye. our bodies and Machines, first released in 1992, explores the hyperlinks among innovations of illustration and social and medical applied sciences of strength in quite a lot of realist and naturalist discourses and practices.
- An appreciation of Andrew Adamson’s "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"
- The Pusher and the Sufferer: An Unsentimental Reading of "Moby Dick" (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
- The Lyrical Resonance Between Chinese Poets and Painters: The Tradition and Poetics of Tihuashi, Student Edition
- Rewiring the Real: In Conversation with William Gaddis, Richard Powers, Mark Danielewski, and Don DeLillo (Religion, Culture, and Public Life)
- Walden x 40: Essays on Thoreau
- Complicity, Censorship and Criticism: Negotiating Space in the GDR Literary Sphere (Interdisciplinary German Cultural Studies)
Additional resources for American Authorship and Autobiographical Narrative: Mailer, Wideman, Eggers (American Literature Readings in the 21st Century)
American Authorship and Autobiographical Narrative: Mailer, Wideman, Eggers (American Literature Readings in the 21st Century) by Jonathan D'Amore