By John Best
Read or Download A Professor at the End of Time: The Work and Future of the Professoriate PDF
Similar college & university education books
This ebook addresses the pressing want for rigorous and inventive exam of ways new theoretical ideas, sociocultural investments, and pedagogical applied sciences tell lecture room educating. Written by way of present and previous graduate and school teachers of English on the collage of Texas at Austin―a division that has been centrally excited about nationwide controversies over literary multiculturalism, the politics of writing guide, and the advance of educational computing device technology―this assortment constitutes a uniquely located engagement with the main urgent modern questions in English reviews.
This quantity addresses theories and practices surrounding the entitled, self-absorbed scholars referred to as Millennials. Stereotypical Millennials are usually hooked on devices, call for carrier greater than schooling, and carry slender views approximately themselves and people round them; while noticeable via this lens, Millennial scholars can understandably frustrate the main committed of professors.
This publication examines the elevated standardization and administration of group university direction outlines in Ontario and the linked decline within the skill of faculty professors to successfully train their scholars. Dunn tracks the alterations of elevated strain from firms to denationalise public prone and cause them to for-profit pleasant.
At a second whilst over half US schools are using ePortfolios, the time is ripe to improve their complete power to increase integrative studying and wide institutional switch. The authors define the best way to installation the ePortfolio as a high-impact perform and describe widely-applicable versions of powerful ePortfolio pedagogy and implementation that demonstrably enhance scholar studying throughout a number of settings.
- A History of the University in Europe: Volume 1, Universities in the Middle Ages
- The State of College Access and Completion: Improving College Success for Students from Underrepresented Groups
- Disability as Diversity in Higher Education: Policies and Practices to Enhance Student Success
- Experiential Education in the College Context: What it is, How it Works, and Why it Matters
- Pass The Torch: Student Success Workbook & Guide
- Student Leadership Development Through Recreation and Athletics: New Directions for Student Leadership, Number 147 (J-B SL Single Issue Student Leadership)
Additional resources for A Professor at the End of Time: The Work and Future of the Professoriate
A Professor at the End of Time: The Work and Future of the Professoriate by John Best