By Stephen Martin
Read or Download A History of Antarctica PDF
Similar world history books
Broadly hailed as a masterpiece, this can be the 1st heritage of global warfare II to supply a really international account of the battle that encompassed six continents. beginning with the alterations that restructured Europe and her colonies following the 1st global warfare, Gerhard Weinberg sheds new mild on each point of global warfare II.
The gathering of essays during this quantity deals an summary of scholarly techniques to the ways that various actors, representing the colonised or the colonising countries, or certainly the foreign group, reacted to colonialism through the life of the fashionable colonial empires or of their aftermath.
The Lavals have been some of the most vital households in overdue medieval France, emerging to a place of unsurpassed eminence by means of the mid 16th century. but, on the very element the place they reached this place of unrivalled value, all was once positioned in danger through the twin demanding situations of dynastic failure and the Reformation.
From the reality and Reconciliation fee in South Africa to the United international locations everlasting Memorial to the sufferers of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave exchange, many invaluable tactics of public reminiscence were enacted at the nationwide and overseas degrees. yet how do those extant practices of reminiscence functionality to precipitate justice and recompense?
- Fromelles: The Final Chapter
- The Voyages and Colonising Enterprises of Sir Humphrey Gilbert: Volumes I-II (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- Mexico's Uneven Development: The Geographical and Historical Context of Inequality
- Imagining a Nation: History and Memory in Making Zimbabwe (Reconsiderations in Southern African History)
- Voices from the Past: Waterloo 1815: History's most famous battle told through eyewitness accounts, newspaper reports, parliamentary debate, memoirs and diaries.
Extra resources for A History of Antarctica
A History of Antarctica by Stephen Martin